Whatcha lookin' for?

Sunday 19 February 2017

4 TIPS TO THINKING POSITIVELY

Hey guys, I thought I should make use of some of the few pearls of wisdom I've picked up over the years. I have grown up with anxiety, depression and basically, being really negative about myself, my abilities and my body. I still struggle every day with all of these things, but what I am writing about today has helped me massively.

1. Tell yourself you are good enough:
This is something I really struggled with. I literally could not look in the mirror and see something I liked, or something I was proud of. Five years on, I still have trouble with this some days, but I have made myself believe that I am good enough for me.

The main thing I take from this, is that we don't need to be good enough for anyone, but ourselves! If you are feeling a bit rubbish, make yourself look in the mirror and think of something positive; ANYTHING! You will soon learn to believe the things you are telling yourself. After all, you spend the most amount of time with yourself.

2. Push out all negative thoughts:
When I was at my worst, in terms of being bullied and how I was affected by that, I used to have A LOT of negative thoughts, which led to negative behaviour. I have overcame these bad thoughts by literally, pushing them out of my head and refusing to think about them.

When you feel yourself thinking about something that makes you feel bad or upset about yourself, make yourself visualise or think about something else. I find that visualising a goal, or even a positive memory, can help to distract myself from whatever is making me feel negative.

3. Surround yourself in positivity:
It might seem harsh and horrible, but getting rid of the people that are making you feel negative about yourself is the first step to making changes for the better. Positivity is contagious, the cheery attitude and positive outlook on life will have an affect on you.

I know that this is probably the hardest step towards better mental health, especially while you're still in school, but it is the one thing that will have the biggest impact.

4. Get excited about something:
Having something to be excited to do can really help overcome negative thoughts as it can act as a distraction. Even having one thing that you look forward to can change your outlook on the day ahead. My blog is what does this for me as I know that every week I'm writing about things that excite and interest me.



I'm not saying that these things are the answer to all your problems, but thinking positively and blocking out negativity is half the battle. I hope this was of some use to you. Let me know what you do to help stay positive about yourself.

Love, Rach x




2 comments:

  1. I find that if I hang around a really positive person when I'm at a low, I instantly feel so much better. Telling yourself positive things I find I do a lottt also, and I'm so happy you mentioned it! I wrote about the importance of telling yourself positive things in a post not too long ago, and I'll link that below :)

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// Lifestyle & Beauty
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!
    The Post: http://wanderlustgirl-kb.blogspot.ca/2017/02/gorgeous.html

    ReplyDelete