Whatcha lookin' for?

Sunday 29 January 2017

JANUARY FAVOURITES!!

Well hello there! Its almost the end of January (thank god!) and I thought I would do my very first attempt at a monthly favourites post! I got loads of bits and pieces for Christmas that I have been dying to blog about!


First up is my most reoccurring purchase; the Collection concealer! I use the Lasting Perfection range, in the shade fair 1 (as I am unbelievably pale) and I absolutely love it. I would really recommend this concealer if you're looking for something at a high street price, but has a high-end products coverage. The Collection concealer has the best coverage of any of the other concealers I've tried!




On to foundations! I am a firm believer in spending as little money as possible for a good foundation. I have recently been using my two favourite Rimmel London foundations to maximise my coverage.
The first, and the one I reach for the most, is the 'Match Perfection' foundation. I am extremely pale (fulfilling the Irish stereotype, good one Rach!) so for everyday use, I am the lightest shade possible; light porcelain. This is my go-to foundation for everything from school, to work, to running errands! This would be my most recommended foundation for its great coverage and the fact that it seems to never dry out my skin.

Keeping with foundations, I have been trying out the Rimmel London 'Finish' foundation, in the shade 103 true ivory. I picked this up recently and have been really loving it! I normally use this as a 'going out' foundation, and I got it in a slightly darker shade as I would wear it with tan on. I was seriously impressed with how easily it blends (using my much loved Real Techniques expert face brush) onto my face and how the coverage keeps up throughout the night. In comparing the two foundations, I would say that lasting coverage is better in the 'Finish', rather than the 'Match Perfection', although both give it a fair go!
If you're looking for a great high street foundation, these two are your best friends! I picked these two up in Superdrug in a 2 for £10 deal! How can you resist that absolute bargain?




Going on to brushes, I have only recently bought myself the Real Techniques Concealer Brush, and I'm still experimenting with it, so I'm not overly sure about it yet to be very honest. I think it takes me a while to 'warm up' to brushes, so I thought I wouldn't leave it out of the first monthly favourites of the year. The bristles are quite compact, so I find it really good for applying the concealer, but I've found myself reaching for my expert face brush to blend it out. Am I the only one that does this?



This next purchase was a complete blogger influence! Aimee wrote about the Garnier, Skin Active, Moisture Bomb face mask and it has now bumped its way up to my ultimate favourite face product! This face mask is quite a bit heavier than any others I've tried, but it works so much better than the rest. While I have a nice, relaxing 15 minutes with the mask on, I can feel a very slight tingling sensation of it working its magic!




I'm hopefully going to be making this a monthly thing on my blog! Tell me in the comments or on my Twitter (https://twitter.com/livingasrach) if you have had any similar experiences with these products, or if you know of something I should try for next month!

I also have INSTAGRAM now! Hit me up over there so we can be fwiends!
(@livingasrach)

Love, Rach x







2 comments:

  1. Love the garnier face mask I will always repurchase it! it's so hydrating and the fact that it's 99p is amazing

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess definitely! It's always in my basket :)

      Delete